Thanks for taking the time to lay out your thoughts. Here's a brief post where I hope we can clarify the question. Put simply, the question(s) I'm addressing is/are:
What do Atheists ask from people, and is what they ask for OK?
While addressing that question, I also tend to address:
- Do Atheists KNOW that what they're asking from people
- What are people like?
- What are the consequences of things that are being asked for?
- What is the state of the world now?
- What do religions ask of people?
In fact, that's the whole point of this argument. Atheists are supposed to be thinkers. But (a) most people aren't thinkers, so most people can't be Athiests (or at least, not according to what Atheists generally think an Atheist should be) and (b) many Atheists aren't good thinkers at all. Almost everything I talk about comes directly from this point, especially the (a) part.
OK, I guess I leaked back into trying to push my viewpoint... but hopefully I made it clear what I'm trying to address and why. Rather than posting another post about it, let's use comments if things aren't clear or if something should be changed.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete